Brit has devoted her career to defending individuals accused of crimes and has represented hundreds of people in municipal, district, superior, and federal courts. She has significant experience defending DUIs and other criminal traffic violations, domestic violence, serious crimes, and misdemeanor charges.
Brit joined SGB’s Criminal Defense practice after nearly a decade in private practice. Her hard work and integrity have earned her the respect of her peers, adversaries, and clients. She graduated from the University of Washington School of Law. At SGB, she focuses her practice on DUI Defense and related vehicular charges such as Physical Control, Felony DUI, Vehicular Homicide and Assault; domestic violence; and other serious misdemeanor and felony offenses.
Let Us Help You
Get in touch with Brit Mercer or Joe Campagna for a free consultation to discuss your DUI or misdemeanor arrest and case. We will clearly explain the criminal and civil charges you face and will provide you with the knowledge necessary to understand the process and feel more informed. Get some peace of mind—contact us online, email us, or call (206) 622-8000 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. or (425) 531-1612 after hours.
In 2005, 2008-2012 she was selected as a “Rising Star” by Washington Law & Politics. She also gets high marks from the people who matter most: her clients.
I would like to thank you for your professional preparation and work on my case. I was very impressed with the manner in which you performed the task at hand and the fluidity with which you assessed and addressed the matters of importance. You are a competent attorney of high caliber.
Brit IS THE BEST LAWYER EVER! Not only is she very knowledgeable and efficient, but she made me feel secure and “taken care of.” I felt confident my situation would have the best outcome possible, and it did!
I was referred to Briteney after a less-than-positive experience with a different attorney that was going nowhere with my case unless I called them. I made one call to Brit and that was all it took. After a very complete and thorough first meeting, she took absolute control and was always there to answer any of my questions and provide excellent advice. I highly recommend Brit to anyone, and should I ever have the unfortunate need for an attorney again, I will first seek Briteney Mercer.
She is well grounded, balanced, and somehow managed to keep me mentally and emotionally calm throughout my case. Very confident and extremely professional. I absolutely recommend Briteney Mercer; she’s awesome.
Briteney and her team made a very stressful situation easy to handle. This being the first time I ever needed a lawyer, I had no idea what to expect. But every time I spoke with Briteney and their paralegal team, I always felt at ease that things were being taken care of. And my outcome of a highly reduced penalty is a testament to her expertise of the law and her ability to apply the law in your favor. Her hard work made me a very happy client.
- University of Washington School of Law (2002)
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts – Political Science (1999)
- Graduate, Gerry Spence Regional Trial Lawyers College (2004)
- Graduate, Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Class – certified law enforcement training program (2007)
- Washington State
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
Professional and Civic Involvement and Recognition
- Current member of the Executive Board and Board of Governors for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington State Bar Association “Random Acts of Professionalism” Award (2006)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa – selection based on outstanding academic achievement (1999–present)
- Rated “Superb – 10.0“ by Avvo, a national legal rating guide
- Speaker and co-chair at Washington Defender Association, “DUI Strategies for Defense”–Continuing Legal Education Seminar
- Speaker at Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers “Effective Use of Pre-trial Litigation as a Discover Tool”
- Panelist at Washington Defender Association, “Unique Issues in Representing Mentally Ill Persons” – Continuing Legal Education Seminar
- Speaker at Washington Defender Association, “The Basics of DUI Defense” – Continuing Legal Education Seminar
- Graduate, Gerry Spence Regional Trial Lawyers College
- Graduate, Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Class – Certified law enforcement training program