Social Security Disability:
Tips for Applying for Social Security Disability
The Social Security disability benefits process can be a maze of bureaucracy, legal proceedings, and shifting rules and regulations. Here are a few tips to improve your chances of success.
1. Get a Lawyer: Statistics show that you have a better chance of winning with a lawyer
2. Act Soon: Don't wait to get started, the process can take a long time
3. Include all Illnesses: Physical, mental health, learning difficulties and even minor impairments
4. Appeal: Don't be discouraged, Social Security denies a large percentage of eligible applicants
5. Meet the Appeal Deadlines: Call a lawyer as soon as you get a denial letter
6. Be Complete: Include all contact information for medical treatment providers
7. Be Exact: Don't minimize or exaggerate
8. Follow Treatment Recommendations: Listen to your doctor
Helpful Social Security Information
Have you been denied Social Security Benefits?
At SGB, we specialize in cases in which people have been denied benefits. You don't have to go through this process alone. Contact us for a free, confidential review of your case or call us at 1-800-809-2234.